Unleash Your Creative Mind!Showcase your idea for a new product/service or how to improve something we already use AND win prizes!
Win $100, $200, $300 with the chance to compete for $500 GRAND PRIZE and FREE trip to Orlando Florida for the CEO National Conference
See Last Year's UNO Winners
Entry period is now over and voting has started!
- PKI and UNMC
- Arts & Sciences & Open Tourney (All other UNO colleges)
VOTE HERE: http://a.pgtb.me/zqc2p2
Dates and Deadlines
- October 7 (Noon) voting opens
- October 13 (5:00pm) voting ends
- October 13 (6:00pm) Live pitch contest in Mammel Hall
Contest Rules and Instructions
ROUND ONE: VIDEO PITCH CONTEST
The 3 most popular video pitches (most votes) in each category will receive a cash prize in the following order: 1st place = $300, 2nd = $200, and 3rd = $100. Each winning pitch must have at least 50 votes. Prizes are fixed so if the winner is a group of people each group member will receive an equal portion of the prize. Example: 3 people, $300 prize = each person gets $100. Winners will be announced at the live pitch contest and they must be present at that contest to receive prizes.
ROUND TWO: LIVE ELEVATOR PITCH
- First round winners are not instantly entitled to compete in round 2. A judge panel will select their 12 favorite pitches from all four round 1 video contests to compete for a $500 Grand Prize + FREE trip to Orlando, Florida to pitch at the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization's National Conference. CIEF will provide the trip for one person.
- The finalists will be contacted via email and they will be invited to pitch before live judges and a student audience in Mammel Hall Auditorium at 6:00pm, October 13th.
- Each finalist will have 5 minutes to pitch his/her/their idea. Visual aids, props or handouts can be used, however, no technology support will be provided (e.g. no PowerPoint presentations). Finalists will be scored on originality, creativity and viability (both technical and business) of the ideas, as well as their ability to thoroughly answer judges’ questions.
For inspiration: 2013 CEO National Elevator Pitch Contest Winners:
Get coaching or answers to questions:
If you want more information or need assistance developing your idea or crafting your pitch, email UNOBigIdea@unomaha.edu or call (402) 554-2706.