Unleash Your Creative Mind!Showcase your idea for a new product/service or how to improve something we already use AND win prizes!
Prizes$100, $200, $300, $500 GRAND PRIZE, FREE trip to Orlando Florida for the CEO Conference
See Last Year's WinnersFirst Place: Jacob Robinson and Kayla Timm Video Pitch
1st Runner Up: Cole Volkers Video Pitch
2nd Runner Up: Joshua Williams Video Pitch
- Contestants post and submit the link to their 60-90 sec. VIDEO PITCH
- Voting is open to the community and the top three pitches from each college group receive prizes of $300, $200, and $100. (winners must attend live pitch contest to receive prizes)
- Winners from video contests pitch ideas to judges in front of a live student audience for the $500 GRAND PRIZE and FREE trip to Orlando, Florida to pitch at the CEO National Competition.
- PKI and UNMC
- College of Arts & Science
- All other UNO colleges
- October 6 Video submission deadline (11:59 pm)
- October 7 through October 12 Facebook voting open
- October 13 Live pitch in Mammel Hall
- Post a video of your idea pitch on a website such as YouTube or Vimeo. The video should describe your product/service idea, how you think it could be turned into reality, and how you think it will benefit the community. Keep it short and sweet (60-90 sec)!
- Fill out a brief application on Facebook with a link to your video by deadline. You can submit more than one idea. However, only one idea per student will qualify for the Live Elevator Pitch Round. SUBMIT
- Encourage everyone to vote for you! Voters can vote for more than one idea, but only once for each idea.
LIVE ELEVATOR PITCHThe winners of four video contests pitch their idea to a panel of judges in front of a student audience in CBA's Mammel Hall. Contestants will be scored on:
- Originality and creativity of the idea
- Viability of the idea (both technical and business)
- Ability to thoroughly answer judges’ questions
Get coaching or answers to questions Contact the Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Franchising if you want more information or need assistance developing your idea or crafting your pitch. Email UNOBigIdea@unomaha.edu or call (402) 554-2706