New and improved!
- FOUR CONTESTS via Facebook: 1. CBA 2. PKI and UNMC 3. Arts & Science 4. UNO students in all other colleges
- VIDEO PITCH Contestants submit link to a 60-90 sec. video (deadline 11:59 pm, Oct 28)
- VOTING OPEN to community (Oct 29-Nov 4). Top three pitches from each contest receive prizes of $300, $200, and $100
- Winners from video contests will pitch their ideas to judges in front of a live student audience for a $1,000 GRAND PRIZE (Nov 11)
How it worksVIDEO PITCH CONTESTS
- Post a video of your idea pitch on a website such as YouTube or Vimeo. The video should describe your product/service idea, how you think it could be turned into reality, and how you think it will benefit the community.
- Fill out a brief application on Facebook that includes a link to your video by contest deadline 11:59 pm, Oct 28. Use the form for your college:
PKI and UNMC
Arts & Sciences
All Other UNO Colleges
- Encourage everyone to vote!
You can submit more than one idea. However, only one idea per student will qualify for the Live Elevator Pitch Round. You can vote for more than one idea, but only once for each idea.
LIVE ELEVATOR PITCH
On Nov. 11, the winners of all four video contests will pitch their idea to a panel of judges in front of a student audience in CBA's Mammel Hall. Visual aids, props or handouts can be used, however, no technology support will be provided (e.g. no PowerPoint presentations).
Contestants will be scored on:
- Originality and creativity of the idea
- Viability of the idea (both technical and business)
- Ability to thoroughly answer judges’ questions
Get coaching or answers to questions Contact the Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Franchising if you want more information or need assistance developing your idea or crafting your pitch. Email UNOBigIdea@unomaha.edu or call 402-554-2706
Pitch your innovative idea on social media
undergrad to postdoc
Live Elevator Pitch
$300, $200, $100
$1,000 Grand Prize